Last Saturday was a beautiful day and we went skiing. Mom walked around with Wylie in the pack (she's such a good sport) and let Adam, Katie, and I go skiing with the kids. We took Remy up to the top for the first time. He loved the "big lift" and kept saying, "This is totally awesome!" (Imagine that with his lisp :) He made it down in far better shape than I, all that snowplowing left my thighs were burning by the time we were done. It might have been a bad idea though, because all Remy wanted to do after that was go on the "big lift that goes fast!" (Again..with the lisp...)

We even took the edgie-wedgie off Remy and he does just fine...now to find a helmet for the little terror....

We even took the edgie-wedgie off Remy and he does just fine...now to find a helmet for the little terror....
Kinley has absolutely grown by leaps and bounds in skiing this year. Last year, she was in a comfortable wedge, but she is pretty much paralleling now. Maybe it was because I finally gave in and got her some poles (I was worried about her riding the chair with them...guess I should just lighten up). Plus, she has been skiing with the boys for winter sports and they have given her a little incentive (hmm, do I see a little competetive spirit?).
In fact, when we were skiing, Kinley was following Adam on DreamCatcher, but he didn't know it and bailed off the ridge down the headwall. Well, guess who followed him? Kinley did. Apparently she stopped, looked, and just kept going (I didn't get to go, I was on the bunny hill with Remy). Although she did wreck, she made it down and out and just kept going. She made a couple more runs on the big hill, down Waterfall, and even a run on Sacajawea. She was so proud of herself too. Me, I'm not sure I'm ready for this confidence, but maybe now I'll have a ski buddy.

1 comments:
How fun! It is awesome that you got to go with the whole family! I thought the plan was that you were going to teach my kids to ski also???
Post a Comment